Being prepared: My must-have items for boating
Whenever I prepare for a boat outing my friend, Aaron, will ask, “What are you expecting an apocalypse?” He likes to poke fun about all the stuff I bring.
I always remind him that as a woman boater, I want to be prepared for any and all circumstances. Of course, there is no reason a man shouldn’t be prepared.
I can’t tell you how many times someone on my boat has asked me for something and I had it on board.
Here is my list of items I consider a must for every boat outing:
- Basic first aid kit
- Pocket knife / pliers combo
- Water shoes
- Rain poncho or foul weather gear
- Waterproof bag
- Cell phone / charger cord.
- Beach towels
- Waterproof strobe / flashlight combo & batteries
- Handheld compass
- UV blocking sunglasses
- Bottled water
- Long sleeve shirt/or sweatshirt
- Wego battery charger
- Insect repellant
- Paper clip/bag ties
- Extra drain plug
- West Marine tool kit
- Hand held marine radio with extra batteries and 12v plug
- Ziplock bags, (so many uses)
- Davis instruments, multi key
Is there anything I missed? Send me a note and let me know what is on your must-have list of boating accessories. L.email@example.com